Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meet Mac!

This is Mac, so-called because when I was explaining "amigurumi" to my boyfriend he thought I said "I'm making macaroni". It was just too cute to pass up. :)


This is my very first attempt at amigurumi -"the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. Amigurumi are typically cute animals" (def. from wikipedia). I made him for a one-on-one swap at swap-bot.com. He is already on his way to England and his new home, but he may very soon have several brothers and sisters since he's SO cute and everyone I showed him to ooohhhed and aaawwwed! I hope his new family feels the same. :)


I made him using Marjorie Jones' pattern which can be found here:



The pattern is very easy to follow and she has added several tips to make the assembly easy. Excellent directions!


So, here he is... Meet Mac!





No comments: